Skip sidebar features and jump directly to main page content.
Skip page content and jump directly to page footer.
2012 DBIA WPR Award Winner: Sharp Chula Vista Emergency Department Expansion, Hensel Phelps, Southland Industries
Date: April 19, 2018
Time: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Location: Southland Office, Union City, CA
Description: DBIA NATIONAL - Conceptual Estimating Course.
One of the hallmarks of design-build project delivery is early knowledge of costs. This course will introduce the fundamentals of conceptual estimating and how you go about assessing risk and calculating costs before the design is complete. At the end of this course students will be able to: describe the role of the estimator in design-build; describe the various influences affecting building costs; describe the various types of estimates; describe how estimates are organized using standard estimating formats; explain how to use an estimating manual; describe how unit prices are developed; explain the fundamental concepts of value engineering; explain how to manage and control costs throughout the design process; describe the various checks and balances needed to ensure the reliability of the estimate.
(6 CEUs)* Course Code - CONCEST
- Introduce estimating fundamentals in general.
- Describe the various influences affecting building costs.
- Describe the various types of estimates.
- Explain the fundamental principles of conceptual estimating.
- Describe the role of the estimator in the design-build team.
- Describe how estimates are organized using standard estimating formats.
- Explain the fundamental concepts of value engineering.
- Describe the various checks and balances needed to ensure the reliability of the estimate.
- Use of conceptual estimates in proposal evaluations.
- Explain how to manage and control costs throughout the design process.
Register online at www.dbia.org/development
You may also download National's Design-Build Education Registration Form and mail, email or fax registration to:
DBIA Meetings Department
1331 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 4th Floor
Washington, D.C. 20004